Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Knutsford Knouveau


Cheers!
Just over two months ago these "grapes" were still on the vine: harvested 22nd September, 2007; first racking 25th November, 2007, and first glassful ce soir - Wednesday 5th December, 2007. And not bad it is, either, though I say so myself. This perhaps answers one of the wine FAQs - the one about how long it takes before the wine is ready for drinking.

Well, on 25th November I combined the original four jars'-worth into three:



... plus two half wine-bottles:


These photos were taken today (5th December), which has given time for a little more sediment to be thrown. The wine should ideally be racked another couple of times before it is really ready for bottling. However, this is being a bit perfectionist. Provided it is clear, I reckon it's probably as good as it's likely to get. We'll see, anyway.

A short posting, this, but I though an update might be appreciated.

No comments: