Sunday, December 02, 2007

Back in the UK - A Gig! (Rare event) - and PANTO

Hi all,

Well, it's now just over three weeks since I returned from China. The same period of time for which I was there. It's tempting to say "and it's like I've never been away." Except this time it's not. It was such a remarkable experience, and I'm still remembering odd things about the trip. Also, I continue to communicate by email with my new-found friends there, which is really nice.

I realise I did promise to add some further comments on my trip, and I still intend to do that. But I think it will require a fair amount of thought. In the meantime, here's something from a little nearer home - Booths Supermarket, to be precise! Yes, Jamie (drums), Jim (guitar) and I provided a bit of background music for a special pre-Christmas tasting event held there this afternoon. In fact, I've only just got back from it.

Here are a couple of pics and a short video clip - courtesy of Margaret and Caroline:








But there's no getting away from it: at this time of year, my main "extramuriel" activity is preparing for Knutsford Little Theatre's pantomime. This time around it's "Jack and the Beanstalk", to be performed in January 2008. I hope as many of you as possible will be able to make it. If you're interested, see the KLT website. But be quick. Tickets go extremely fast.

And here are some of the toons wot I writ for it.

Now, some of you may be wondering how me wine's doing. Well, last week-end I racked it. That's the technical term for syphoning off the liquid from the sediment. If you don't do it you get "off" flavours. I started with four demijohns, each about three-quarters full. You always lose some when you rack, so I combined it all into three nicely-full jars. I had enough left over for two half-bottles and a gob-ful - which was very promising. I'd decribe it as a sort of "Knutsford Nouveau". In fact I reckon the wine is pretty-well ready for drinking even now. It's not for keeping, certainly. Well, maybe I'll give it another month or two!

That's all for now.

Al sithee.

Mike

No comments: