Saturday, October 11, 2008

Grape Harvest 2008

Another year, another harvest. I'm beginning to lose count!

Thanks to all who came and helped to make another highly successful afternoon of wine (and music) making.

And special thanks to Miles, Tina and Oli for loan of the very handsome gazebo!

We got about 11 kg of black grapes this time. These were added to previously-harvested-and-frozen green grapes (that would otherwise have been heartily consumed by my old pals the wasps), to make something around 9 litres of red-white (rose?) juice after pressing. Pressing, I might add, skillfully carried out by the youngest members.

Overall, the quantity was definitely down on last year, but no more so than I had anticipated, as I am re-organising several of the vines at present.

My viticulture FAQs.

And some pics from the "do" ...













No comments: