Sunday, April 23, 2006

PODCAST - Crusading: The "Album"

This is an older "album". The pieces date back to the late 1990s and early 2000s. The overall theme was vaguely inspired by trips I made during the 90's to Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey and Iran; and also by the NATO action against former Jugoslavia. For some reason I saw a parallel with the early crusades. Hence, you may detect a slight mediaeval character to some of the tracks.

Track-3 is an oblique reference to the "Battle of Knutsford Heath" (1997), in which independent candidate Martin Bell deposed the discredited Tory encumbant, Neil Hamilton as MP for the Tatton constituency.
This occurred while I was in Iran, and I only found out about it on my return home. Its significance lies in the fact that Mr Bell was the first non-conservative to hold Tatton (Knutsford) for many generations. It gave some of us the chance to make our votes count for the first - and probably the last - time. Ever. (Ours is one of the safest Tory seats in the country). The description "White" in the track's title refers to Martin Bell's trademark white suit.

As with the tunes previously posted on my blog, these were multitracked using my keyboards.

No comments: